Thursday 19 July 2007

End of Term

Tomorrow is my eldest's last day at her current school. She is sad to leave her friends but I think she is looking forward to her new school. It does help that her current teacher is leaving the school and the supply teacher she has had for much of this term is going to be teaching at her new school. I suppose I'll have to decide whether to stay on as a parent governor or not. I want to but I'm not sure if I will have enough time and also I wouldn't want to take a place that a genuine parent might want. I suppose I've got the summer to think about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When ours left their school I found I was no longer entitled to be a parent governor - I would have had to reapply in the capacity of community governor or whatever term your school uses. You might find that you don't have a 'position' to go to when the next meeting comes up... my governing body didn't let me know, they just stopped inviting me to meetings, so don't expect a formal notification (although it would have been nice!)

D said...

I think that I will be a Governor for another 3 years unless I resign or don't turn up to meetings. But as you say I might not get agendas etc. as my eldest is not their to bring them home.