Sunday 13 May 2007

Training Day

Yesterday was a leadership training day at my church. It was really good and a great time to look at the vision of the Church as see how it needs to be and can be communicated to all those involved in the stuff the church does.
One of the first things we did was try to remember the mission statement of the church but only one group could do this. (I think I had an excuse as I am quite new to the church and don't think I had ever known the mission statement.) The mission statement is (for those who are interested):
Growing individuals to become God's people and releasing them to transform their world.
This is good and I think I am starting to remember it. Though, as was acknowledged, it is quite a long and complicated sentence to remember. Once we has review these we looked at how we should be putting this into practice. This is through 5 C's:

Children and Youth

Corporate

Cross Culture

Compassion

Church planting
The first 3 things being things we are doing really well and the second 2 things things that are going quite well but could be going better. We then looked at how important it was that everyone was working towards the same vision if we want to get any of this done.

No comments: