Sunday 18 February 2007

Nice Weekend

This week end has been a nice one.
On Friday night my wife went out to yet another girl's night and I had a quiet night in fiddling on my computer.
On Saturday I did the wacky games for the children's club and also supervised the sports zone. This went quite well as no one was injured this time. The wacky games involved doughnuts and wall paper and the main sport was unihoc - a lethal combination of competitive kids, leaders and hard plastic sticks and a puck. Not to mention it's the only exercise I get apart from walking to Salisbury's at lunch time. In the evening we had friends round for a meal. It was nice to get to know each other better over food and was quite a good laugh. (Though my Wife's Amy Grant obsession may have worried them slightly. Especially when she started to show off her video collection.)
On Sunday was church and taking my youngest to his little lady friend's birthday party. (He was one of only two boys and had a special party bag without fairy stuff and with a car - which he appreciated very much).
And now it is Sunday evening and we are trying to get ready for the week ahead, looking for all the school stuff that has vanished over half term and making sandwiches for lunch.

No comments: