Saturday 24 February 2007

Planning Ahead

OK so the Google listing didn't last very long. Easy come - easy go...

Last night my wife and I went out to a planning meeting for the autumn half term holiday club we were involved in last year. (I took the week of work and was a wacky professor.) Last year the whole thing was organised and implemented in about six weeks due to various circumstances so this year we are starting a bit earlier. It was one of the best planning meetings I have been to - how often do you get nibbles, lasagne and a chocolate fountain at a meeting. We had a chance to look back at last year and also look ahead to next year. We're not sure of a theme yet but there does seem to be a lot of support for a jungle / I'm a celebrity get me out of here approach.

Some of the things we discussed were how to keep the momentum behind the club going - not resting on our laurels and repeating stuff year after year because of tradition but searching after God's heart for how we can bless the children in our town. It's really exciting...



A picture from last year's holiday club.


ANBBVOTD

No comments: