Thursday 8 February 2007

Snow Day!!!

At last a proper snow day!

Me and my eldest went sledging on the way to see if the school was open. I seems every school in the town is shut bar hers. But they said that if it got worse we would be phoned to pick our children up. So as my eldest wanted to go sledging and I'd forgotten her shoes anyway we went back to the park for a bit and then my Wife took her with my youngest off to his playgroup. (If you can't have a snow day every so often life would be depressing indeed.)

I am, however, very impressed with the school for staying open - many families need the school to look after their children as either both parents are working or they are a single parent and working. It takes good leadership to open the school on a day like today.

I am now working from home. Which is nice as it is comfier and a lot less travelling; the only thing is that I have to pay for my own coffee.




No comments: