Tuesday 20 March 2007

It's freezing and I'm grumpy

It’s freezing. I hate the cold and not having hot water and central heating is defiantly making me realize how lucky we are to have such a blessing. I have been so grumpy today. The poor children not only do they have to put up with cold they have to put up with a grumpy Mum. Another blessing is that I live so close to my Mum and we’ve been going round there for baths. The new boiler will not be fitted for about 2 weeks. I’m just praying that the weather improves. Last night we decided all to sleep in our son’s room as he seems to have the warmest room and I thought it would be more cozy I have to say I find it quite comforting us all being together .The Children found it very exciting .We only all share a room when we are on holiday or staying with family. The only down side is you get woken at about 6 am from our son who’s ready to play. Usually we can ignore him for a bit and come too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We were thinking of you this morning in prayers and remembering the times we've been without heating and warm water - you're so right, it is a poignant reminder of how blessed we are to have them normally.
We were also saying how thankful we are that you do have the support that you have, because in a 'testing' time like this, it's wonderful to have a warm feeling in your heart, at least!
How great to make a bit of fun of it and kip in together... very innovative thinking and also good bonding at a time when, like you say, it's so easy for the 'sads' to really get a hold... keep smiling and know you're loved and admired!!!