Sunday 11 March 2007

Stepford wife?

We’ve had another lovely weekend. This weekend we’ve had the in-laws come and stay. I’m always a bit stressed before they come and start days before they come cleaning, cooking and bribing the children to behave!!! I want every thing to be perfect. My Mother in law is one of those women who is very good at most things and I always feel a bit inadequate in comparison, so before she comes I want the House to be perfect, the children to behave, so that they reflect good parenting and the food to be wonderful. I must admit I feel I fail big time on all three. I think as I am getting older I care less and am much more accepting of myself and care less when I have to buy a apple strudel for desert but I wonder how do some women do it all ? The perfect houses, wonderful cook and wonderfully behaved children. As I examine my motives I do genuinely want to be kind and hospitable, I get a lot of pleasure from that. I know I should stop trying so hard. I don’t really think any one else cares as much as me but I find it so hard not to. Maybe deep down it’s all part of feeling excepted into this family, reassuring them that their darling son has made the right choice in marrying me. Isn’t it so wonderful that we don’t have to do that with God? We are accepted into his family with open arms. If I had to please him I would fail at the first hurdle yet he loves every thing about me even with all my failings.

No comments: