Tuesday 6 March 2007

Sick pay

Sick pay is a wonderful thing. Here I am at home feeling rough with a headache, sore throat and temperature and I can rest assured that I will be paid the same at the end of the month as I normally am. I expect that if I didn't get this money then I would force myself to go to work, not do a great deal, infect other people and probably take longer to get better.

Also as it happens my wife is ill at the same time and so we can share school runs and child care. Thank goodness tesco delivers our shopping or one of us would have to do that as well.

Here are some pictures from our trip to see Egyptian stuff at the museum - described in a previous post by my wife.


The roof of the courtyard of the British Museum.

An Egyptian carving.


The children walking on a bit of glass floor. Our youngest was unsure of it at first - I suppose that is a good thing; and our eldest would do it only if I didn't walk on it with her (I assume she thought that my giant weight would cause her to come crashing through the glass).

My wife from above the glass floor.

No comments: