Monday 26 March 2007

Motherhood

My daughter took part in a dancing competition yesterday. I felt so proud of her. Not because I thought she might win, she didn’t, but because she‘s been working so hard and took part. I’ve been realizing a lot lately that I find it really hard to trust God with my children. I love them so much. I feel such pain when they are rejected or sad. I want to give them the world but I’m in no position to do so. I was reminded of Abraham willing to sacrifice Isaac. I Feel God calling me to do the same thing. To give my Children to him. They are of course his too. I realize its one thing to trust God with your own life but it’s another thing to trust him with the life of your child. I know it’s a daily act of faith that I have to give them over to him and trust in him. Also If I love my children with my life how much more does God Love them.

1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

That's such a lovely post Alison x