Sunday 17 December 2006

Sunday

Today I went to church, as normal. It was a nativity service with a production put on by the younger sections of the church. The bits I saw of it were very good. Unfortunately my youngest got very fidgity very early on and I had to take him out of the service so that he could fidgit in peace (or at least he could fidgit and everyone else could be in peace). My eldest had missed most of the practices for the production and had been so busy yesterday that she was too tired to take part.
Lunch was tomato soup and fresh rolls - from Somerfield (as normal). We have discovered my youngest likes fresh tomato soup. In fact he likes it so much we have to eat ours quickly so that we finish ours before him or he demands a refill. My eldest will, however, only eat economy processed cream of tomato soup -at least this is cheaper.
This evening we went for a walk to deliver Christmas cards and also pop in on my wife's mother. We had a nice hot drink and some cakes. It was quite chilly out, but we were well wrapped up. I like the Christmas lights on peoples houses and the smell of wood smoke.
As I write my youngest is in bed, hopefully asleep and the others are watching a documentary on the television about geese. Tomorrow I have a job interview, but I am trying not to think about it, so I am having a glass of wine and writing this...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tres interestinque!! and stylish too... we could learn something here... keep it going :o)