Saturday 20 January 2007

Busy Day

Today was a busy day - it started when I woke to find myself on the floor of my youngest's bedroom. He had had a nightmare in the night and to settle him with the least amount of fuss I lay down on the floor next to his cot. We then had to plan and lead the group time for a children's Saturday morning club - it would have been better to plan it earlier in the week but the decorating and necklace party got in the way. We had one game that required donuts - but could we find donuts in any of the shops near where we run the club? No. There seemed to be a village wide shortage of things. Luckily we always plan more stuff than we need and so all was well. The club is in three parts - a group bit (which my wife and I lead) and then two sessions from the children can choose from three zones - Chill out, sport or craft. This week I helped in the sports zone. We played unihoc and only had 2 minor injuries (one my wife's toe) - it's surprising how competitive adults get when playing sports - even against children!

My wife and I then went shopping at a large shopping centre in a town about 45mins drive away but left the children behind in the care of my mother-in-law. Shopping is so much more fun when you are sans enfant. We hardly ever argue when shopping on our own but with our children we normally argue about something. After shopping we then went for a meal at colleagues of mine who live in the place we were shopping. They had invited us for the evening and we thought we could combine the babysitting for this with babysitting for the shopping trip.

The meal was wonderful - Lasagne, with a lovely starter and Tiramasu for desert. I am still full now! It was nice to get to know people who I spend time at work with every day a bit better.

No comments: