Friday 5 January 2007

First Friday

First Friday of the year and last day of work for this week! I'm glad it's only been three days. I've had a kind of inertia - probably related to the shock of getting up and out each day when for the last week I have been able to get up in a more relaxed manner and also probably in part related to the fact that I have been waken in the night by my children over the last few nights.
On the subject of children it seems that my youngest is getting the hang of talking and has started making simple sentences. It is apparent from the things he says that he has quite a good grasp of what is going on in his world - I go to work in the car, he knows where people live and where the play park is. This is going to take things to the next level as a recent walk around the block demonstrated. I had in my mind a quick walk around the block and through the trees at the back of the park so that he could splash in the puddles and get some fresh air. But he had other ideas. He was happy enough if we were walking in the direction of a children's play park but at every turning I took which led away from said children's attraction he complained bitterly and pointed with great defiance at the direction he thought we should be going in. So it was with much sadness and in a very cross frame of mind that my youngest arrived back home without a trip to the swings.

Today's fun website is retrievr - which allows you to search flickr's pictures by using a sketch. You just draw a sketch in the box provided and pictures that are similar to your sketch appear. Try it it's great!

ANBBVOTD

No comments: