Thursday 19 April 2007

Pearls of wisdom.

A blog I read most days is by a guy called Pip Wilson. We have a link to him from our blog. I first came across him about twenty years ago as a young teenager. He does the rolling magazine at Greenbelt. It was a difficult time in my life when my parents were splitting up. He has an amazing ministry with people of all ages and of all walks of life. I remember how encouraging he was to me at that difficult time. Any way twenty years on I stumbled across his blog just before Christmas. I could not stop reading it. He is still an inspiration now. He challenges me on a daily basis, to examine my life to be more outward. An interesting thing he said recently was “I will not be a reactor”, he talks about reacting to people’s rejections, put downs - anything negative really. How people react to us and how we respond. I am aware that I react a lot - for example if some one is continually stingy with me I find it really hard to be generous back to them. Although I like to think I am generous person. I react badly to moody people and find it hard to ignore their mood and just be myself. So my challenge at the moment is not to react to other people and their problems. I will still smile cheerfully at my neighbour who grunts hello at me. What a challenge!!! Check out Pip's pearls of wisdom for yourself. Just one more before I go

Comfort the disturbed
Disturb the comfortable. wow!

Loveitloveit. Oh no I now sound like him. I’ll shut up now and let you see for yourself.


1 comment:

Carter Clan said...

Sounds a really challenging blog A, will check it out.
P.S Miss you xxxxx