Tuesday 17 April 2007

Planning

This Saturday it is time for the monthly children's fun club my wife and I help lead. We normally run an initial 30 minute section of fun and wacky activities to start things off and its about the time of the month when I start frantically thinking of ideas for fun stuff to do. Though I wonder if we need to plan anything at all as a group of children can normally amuse themselves if left to their own devices. But then again I like to think we can add something to their lives by planning something that will amuse and please them. And if it helps us to get to know each other as well then so much the better.
Any ideas for games or activities for 30-40 children aged from 5- 11 would be appreciated! If they are a bit messy, cheap and easy to organise then that would be ideal.

4 comments:

boltonfan said...

It's me again. You will think I am stalking you.....
Do you have a copy of my book? 'Everyone's a winner - over 100 non- competitive games and activities for 7-13 year olds.'

It's very good!!!
Ruth in Bolton

D said...

Do you mean this one?

Because no - we haven't. We'll see if we can get a copy.

boltonfan said...

Nope, although I am interested that there is another one, obviusly Christian, with the same name.
For mine go to the SU website:
www.scriptureunion.org.uk/
then click on 'shop with us' then type my name into the search bar. If you scroll to the bottom of the page that comes up you will see my book. It is snot green. You can't miss it!! I am slightly disturbed that the book on the top of the page is 'singleness.' Is that what you get when you think of me?!!!!!
I hope it might be useful.

See you
Ruth

D said...

This one: Theme games: Everyone's a winner!

Amazon haven't got a picture of it, and they charge extra.